Got The Fever

Friday, September 14, 2007

A Premature Ending

It was a bit reckless and premature to announce that it was the last post. Rather impulsive even.

But, I need to continue writing and posting on this blog to keep a bit of sanity is the way I’m thinking most recently. Keeps me busy and ‘off the streets’ as Dad might have said. Should give me a modicum of focus week to week. It’s one pleasurable activity to look forward to as mighty meteorites pummel into soft tissue.

So, with your kind permission dear reader, I’d like to resume posting on Got The Fever. However, be forewarned, that at times the ramblings may seem transparent. Or, they may seem as bleak and barren as an Emily Dickenson soliloquy. The posts may also be rather infrequent.

Don’t Leave Me Now
This is a track that defies description. This is a track that you must experience up close and intimately as opposed to trying to analyze and illustrate. This is a track that you must unconscientiously feel breezing lazily through you when all is quiet and you’re alone, keeping time through the breathing that permeates the background. Compelling loss, towering need and a gut-wrenching, stomach-corroding collapse.

I Never Dreamed You’d Leave In Summer
A beautiful interpretation of a Stevie Wonder composition done with splendor and grace that I’d be so bold as to say bests the original. The track builds strength and intensity as it is played, yet remains elegant and heavy with meaning.

I’d Rather Go Blind
Since I was a wee one, this song has had an impact. Even as a kid hanging his transistor on the handle of his Schwinn, I could feel the gripping cold touch of loss through the Hammond B3 and pulsed drumming. Rod at his best truly could convey colorful depth and meaning through his unique and graceful vocalization and interpretation.

Pink Floyd: Don’t Leave Me Now
Three Dog Night: I Never Dreamed You’d Leave In Summer
Rod Stewart: I’d Rather Go Blind


Addendum: Strange request here - I'm lately (again, that is) getting very into new country music like Miranda Lambert, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley etc. Anyone know of a good country download site? I can find all kinds of rock and funk, but no search has thus far come up with a site where I can get good country albums. Contact info on right. Thanks to all.

3 Comments:

  • I welcomed you back in a private e-mail, Kevin, but I just want to say for public consumption: You're too good at this to hang it up. Glad you're back.

    (I tried quitting once, too. It didn't take.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:27 PM  

  • They cover a million and one other styles as well but

    http://spunkyonions.blogspot.com/

    has some great country stuff every now and then.

    Good to see you back and posting again.

    By Blogger Roger, at 10:51 AM  

  • Welcome back, and gladly, too! I second JB's comment.

    As for country, try Deacon Blues country blog: http://deaconblues1103cw.blogspot.com/

    There are no doubt other sites out there, but that's one that came to mind quickly.

    By Blogger whiteray, at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home