Got The Fever

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Monty Python


Though I’ve never been a rabid fan, Monty Python sketches still occasionally litter my life from time to time. Hanging out at a bar once and a while and I can still hear some college kid yell out “Burn her – she’s a witch!” Though not as pungent as it once was for me, it still cracks me up.

Side note: isn’t it amazing, and a natural order of human nature, that most comedians who make it well beyond their comedy years, that they all end up doing voices for Disney cartoon characters or have a short lived go at serious acting?

I could have chosen ‘Sit On My Face’ or the ‘Lumberjack Song’ but that wouldn’t be me.

Martyrdom of St. Victor
To this day, one of the only the ones that still makes me laugh out loud. It was perhaps their ability to sound so serious, so … English in the delivery with of course the startling, twisted ending.

I Like Chinese
Another draw for me was the manner in which they could sound so whimsical, so cheery, and so musically innocent in a complete throw down. I can still hear Mitch roaring while this was being played.

Monty Python: Martyrdom of St. Victor
Monty Python: I Like Chinese
From: Contractual Obligation Album [1980]

4 Comments:

  • This brings to mind other things, like a dead parrot and the ministry of silly walks . . . how wonderful and memorable. Thanks for a great post!

    By Blogger whiteray, at 6:34 PM  

  • whiteray - though it's not on the album I have, you made me remember nudge nudge and pet shop. Those would have been worthy also.

    Thanks for the drop in.

    By Blogger WZJN, at 5:48 AM  

  • Great post. When downloading the tracks however, they show as html. Any way to save for future listnening as mp3's? Thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 AM  

  • I am also likes chinese
    so this is your great post..!!!!!!!!

    thank you very much..////

    Get More Details

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home