Got The Fever

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Favorites

I had to pick up the gauntlet thrown my way by the good DJ jabartlett over at The Hits Just Keep On Comin’. He mentioned this meme and I thought I’d try it out.

It’s not as easy as it looks. Being a total music whore, being asked to choose one, and only one, really is against my nature. But, I did try to keep it at one.

Of course if I had to choose at knifepoint, without pause, the first diarrheal flood of thought to slide out of my head - these might be my choices.

1. Favorite Beatles song: Huh? You’re asking a Beatle phreak for one? At knifepoint, maybe “I Should Have Known Better”. Wait, “Within You, Without You”. Hold it, “Because”!
2. Favorite Rolling Stones song: Emotional Rescue
3. Favorite Doors song: Five To One
4. Favorite Bob Dylan song: Leopardskin Pillbox Hat
5. Favorite Led Zeppelin song: Since I’ve Been Loving You
6. TV Theme Song: Mod Squad
7. Favorite Prince Song: Peach
8. Favorite Madonna Song: Believe. Cher did that? Ok, Vogue
9. Favorite Michael Jackson Song: Billy Jean
10. Favorite Queen Song: Modern Times Rock n Roll
11. Favorite Motorhead Song: Don’t know any well enough
12. Favorite Ozzy Song: No More Tears
13. Favorite Public Enemy Song: Fear of a Black Planet
14. Favorite Song from a cartoon: Top Cat
15. Favorite Bruce Springsteen song: Adam Raised A Cain
16. Favorite Depeche Mode song: Personal Jesus
17. Favorite Cure song: Boys Don't Cry
18. Favorite song that most of your friends haven't heard: Anything by Betty Davis
19. Favorite Smiths song: How Soon Is Now
20. Favorite Beastie Boys song: Fight For Your Right
21. Favorite Clash song: Charlie Don’t Surf
22. Favorite Police song: Invisible Sun
23. Favorite Eurythmics song: No Fear, No Hate No Pain
24. Favorite Beach Boys song: You’re So Good To Me
25. Favorite Cyndi Lauper song: She-Bop
26. Favorite song from a movie: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
27. Favorite Duran Duran song: Wild Boys
28. Favorite Peter Tosh song: Legalize It
29. Favorite Johnny Cash song: San Quentin
30. Favorite song from an 80's one hit wonder: Maybe “The Salt In My Tears” by Martin Brinley
31. Favorite song from a video game: Huh?
32. Favorite Kinks song: Superman
33. Favorite Genesis song: The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
34. Favorite Thin Lizzy song: Emerald
35. Favorite INXS song: Suicide Blonde
36. Favorite Weird Al song: My Bologna
37. Favorite Peter Gabriel song: Biko
38. Favorite John Lennon song: Whoa! Maybe “I’m Losing You”. Or, Nobody Loves You (When You’re Down And Out). Or, “I Don’t Want To Be A Soldier Mama (I Don’t Want to Die)
39. Favorite Pink Floyd song: Young Lust
40. Favorite cover song: Favorite? “You Really Got Me” by Robert Palmer
41. Favorite White Stripes: Take, Take, Take
42. Favorite dance song: Right now (actually, all this summer), it’s “Don’t Cha” by The Pussycat Dolls
43. Favorite U2 song: Numb
44. Favorite song from an actor turned musician: “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds” by William Shatner
45. Favorite disco song: “Ring My Bell” by Anita Ward
46. Favorite Power Ballad: “Keep On Loving You” by REO Speedwagon
47. Favorite Guns N' Roses song: Live And Let Die
48. Favorite The Who song: Eminance Front
49. Favorite Elton John song: We All Fall In Love Sometimes/Curtains
50. Favorite song, period: “If I Were Your Woman” by Gladys Knight And The Pips

4 Comments:

  • A fine effort. I was tempted to say "Curtains" as my favorite Elton song before I went with "Rocket Man." And picking Robert Palmer's
    "You Really Got Me" as favorite cover song shows a lot of style.

    I think maybe I skipped "favorite cover song." I'll have to think about that one.

    By Blogger jabartlett, at 10:24 PM  

  • You have terrible taste, not one song you mention is the best by any given group, you wasted a lot of time for nothing putting this ridiculous list together.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:38 AM  

  • What no Sonics, Remains, Chocolate Watchband, Kingsmen, Real Kids......no glam, no Sweet, Slade, T.Rex, Alvin Stardust, Garry Glitter.

    OK gimme da.....let me set ya up with some Merda and Purple Image. Total stone hard groove.

    Hey K-man heck some of the rare stuff on Cold Heat and some other comps.

    Gotta run, George has just parked the mothership out front and neighbors are gonna freak - maybe it's the Sun Ra that sumabitch has got blasting through 1000 watt JVC's.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 PM  

  • To the anonymous that has a problem with the list & taste if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything.Spare us all.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home